Why donate to AIM Health Institute?
Thank you for considering a donation. There are many important causes that you could support, and we are grateful you chose AIM. Reasons to support AIM include:
1. To the best of our knowledge, we are the first and only integrative medicine provider of free and reduced-fee services for low-income and terminally ill populations in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area.
2. Donations are our main funding source, they make it possible for us to operate. Without donations, we will have to turn away patients. What usually happens to those who cannot afford a medical office visit? Without treatment, our potential patients may experience discomfort or suffer from conditions such as pain, anxiety, side effects of cancer treatments, chronic gastrointestinal problems, hormone disorders, and stress. Many patients may ignore problems until they develop complications. Others will utilize emergency rooms to receive care for chronic diseases or to address acute problems, and will have to purchase prescription drugs. Such delayed or intermittent care, often paid for from a hospital’s patient assistance fund, in turn contributes to longer wait times at ERs, overburdened doctors, and suboptimal care that lacks continuity.
Practicing integrative medicine is not just a job for us. It is the way we live, incorporating yoga, meditation, exercise, healthy eating, relaxation, and spiritual inquiry in our lives. We practice what we teach, and share our knowledge about healthy eating, relaxation techniques, wellness, prevention, a body’s ability to heal itself, and the importance of a healthy mind.
Most integrative medicine services are not reimbursed by health insurance. In our pursuit of eliminating health disparities and improving access to care, we are seeking to bring integrative medicine to everyone. Using a sliding-fee scale, we “share” the health of those who have with those who have not.
4. Examples of how we may use your donation:
- Medical consultation visits for those who cannot afford to pay
- Treatments such as acupuncture, Reiki and massage for low-income and terminally ill patients
- Support classes for cancer patients and their caregivers
- Research into novel treatments of neurological diseases such as Parkinson’s
- Patient education on living with life-altering conditions, such as cancer, fibromyalgia, Lyme disease, Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s, and many more.
If you are interested in donating your time, please contact Dr. Mikhail Kogan.
Our EIN: 46-554-2911